Attorney Caisse has been recognized as one of the top family and matrimonial lawyers in Connecticut, as a result of his skills as a well-prepared litigator and negotiator. He has worked exclusively in the area of family and matrimonial law since 1992. Attorney Caisse skillfully and professionally handles all aspects of family and matrimonial matters, including cases which involve child custody issues, support/alimony, significant assets, highly compensated executives, enforcement of Court Orders, post-judgment modifications and pre/post-marital agreements.
Attorney Caisse holds a B.A. from the University of Fairfield (1988) and earned his Juris Doctor from Western New England University in May, 1991. He is admitted to practice law in Connecticut (1991) and is a member of the New London County, Connecticut and American Bar Associations.
Attorney Caisse is a Special Master, Family Division, with the New London/Norwich, Windham and Middletown Superior Courts. He is actively involved in the Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Section, being on the section’s Executive Committee since 2010, and more recently an officer as the section’s treasurer, secretary and continuing legal education chair.
- University of Western New England School of Law (1991) Juris Doctor
- Fairfield University (1988) Bachelor of Arts
- State of Connecticut (1991)
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut (1992)
Activities & Affiliations
- Court-appointed Special Master, Family Division, New London, Windham and Middlesex Counties.
- Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Section, Executive Committee (2010 – present).
- Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Section, Continuing Legal Education Chair (2019-present).
- Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Section, Secretary (2018-2019).
- Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Section, Treasurer (2017-2018).
- Connecticut Bar Association, Resolution of Legal Fees Dispute Program, Mediator and Arbitrator (2010 – present).
- American Bar Association.
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section.
- Connecticut Bar Association.
- Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Section.
- New London County Bar Association.
- Speaker on family law for Connecticut Bar Association and National Business Institute.
Awards & Acknowledgements
- Selected by peers for recognition in Best Lawyers in America, for work in Family Law.
- Selected by peers for an “AV Preeminent” rating (Highest possible Rating in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards) in Martindale-Hubbell peer review ratings.
- Designated by peers for recognition as a “Connecticut Super Lawyer”, for work in Family Law, in the Connecticut Super Lawyers Magazine.
- Connecticut Bar Association Pro Bono Honor.